L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer for our Norfolk, VA location.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Being responsible for the execution of System Operation Validation Tests for a combat system and its other system interfaces for both AEGIS and Amphibious Class ships.
- Verfiying installaion efforts for the integrated Training Systems.
- Interacting with government SME's conducting engineering stuides relating to computer programming and cyber defense arenas that influence Combat Systems testing.
- Provide detailed reports annotating current testing status of all system delivery to the Navy.
- Clearly and effectively communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Establishing timelines and meet deadlines
- Develop POA&M's for each project
- Presenting ideas clearly to company and federal government decision-makers.
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline AND ten (10) years of full-time professional experience in systems engineering is Required. (Including 1 year in support of a major shipboard system.)
- Three (3) years of full-time experience in engineering, design, development, testing, maintenance (fleet support), Build, Install, Documentation, or Configuration Management of shipboard systems.
- This includes; installation, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or testing of any one major shipboard system/equipment.
- Ability to work closely with System and government SME's.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills required.
- Capable of establishing timelines, meeting deadlines, developing POA&M's for each project, and presenting ideas clearly to company and federal government decision-makers is required.
- Computer programming and Cyber Security experience is a plus.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Must be Organized, self-starter with superb attention to detail, meticulous grammer, and a clear understanding of how to translate and organize complex tehcnical information in to an array of readable formats.
- Secret Clearance required at time of hire