Less than 5 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
Patina Restaurant Group will bring world-class cuisine to the Disney Springs outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment complex at the Walt Disney Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida near Orlando. Four new concepts that will be connected as part of one large complex and will be introduced to Disney Springs in the Fall of 2017.
Each of the concepts are housed in key locations that play an integral role in the Disney Springs origin story, such as the former airline terminal, an underground rum running tunnel, and the former electrical power plant, providing rich territory for story-telling.
The Edison – with an estimated opening of November 2017, is a lavish “Industrial Gothic” restaurant, bar, and nighttime destination with live entertainment. It presents cabaret, burlesque and music, craft cocktails, and classic American dishes.
As it is an extension of our Downtown Los Angeles location, the concept continues as “where science meets industry” and the venue is rooted in creativity, imagination and innovation. Patina is looking for experienced and dedicated leaders to join our team and lead this brand new adventure.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
- An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain high standards of quality and guest satisfaction.
- Patina Restaurant Group is searching for a Beverage Director who will be responsible for the alcoholic beverage program and management for their assigned restaurant or bar.
- He/she will be responsible for driving growth and innovation to generate sales and increase brand awareness through strategy, menu development, community outreach, marketing initiatives, industry analysis and keeping current on all modern trends.
- Representatives should understand the fundamentals of showmanship and be knowledgeable in beer, wine, and all spirits.
- Ideal candidates should be great leaders that run an effective team of beverage managers and staff that serve consistent products while paying close attention to cost and time management.
- The Beverage Director will establish a solid rapport with guests, vendors, management and corporate employees to assist with project management, promoting new ideas, and overall, being an ambassador for Patina Restaurant Group’s beverage program.
- With this position comes unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a hospitality professional in a friendly and enjoyable work environment with a healthy work life balance.
• Oversee all beverage staff and managers. Thoroughly train, educate and develop staff in beverage operations to ensure consistency of product and service.
• Spearhead all beverage related projects to generate sales revenue growth, controlling costs, protecting and increasing profitability, service standards and quality levels for the beverage department.
• Track and analyze wine and spirit revenue trends, and regularly collaborate with the marketing department to develop strategies marketing initiatives to promote the beverage program.
• Collaborate with the Mixologist and strategically develop signature cocktails and wine program for the restaurant according to taste, aesthetic, and cost.
• Conduct weekly and monthly liquor and wine inventory and purchase all liquor, wine, and bar supplies.
• Effectively manage and promote quality guest experiences for all patrons at all times.
• Minimum 3 years as a Beverage Manager within an upscale, fine-dining establishment of similar volume and capacity.
• Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required.
• Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and ability to learn required business systems (POS).
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
• Extensive craft cocktail and spirit knowledge and passion necessary.
• Must have excellent leadership, organizational, communication, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to maintain poised and approachable during high-pressure circumstances.
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the Patina Restaurant Group EOE.
PRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Patina Restaurant Group enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.