Eatalians are our most valued assets and will represent the company with passion, curiosity, and pride. Eataly strives to provide a work environment in which every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow, and reach their maximum potential.
As an ambassador of Eataly, the Beverage Director will be responsible for overseeing the entire beverage operation of each Eataly restaurant, retail space and location as a whole. He or she will plan and organize how beverage systems will be implemented in each department. The Beverage Director will oversee personnel working with beverages and evaluates the overall sales and effectiveness of the systems.
Additional responsibilities will include overseeing the ordering and inventory control of beverages, establishing vendor relationships and following through on shipments. He or she will work closely with the Executive Chef, Restaurant General Managers and related staff to plan menu items and pairings and train team members and organize special events.
The Beverage Director will adhere to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
1. Establishes vendor relationships and maintains a professional rapport with beverage distribution companies, independent breweries and related vineyards.
2. Manages and works with Eataly team members regarding products, promotions, pricing, inventory and strategy.
3. Analyzes beverage sales figures and forecasts future sales volumes in order to plan and maximize sales, while managing a budget and controlling departmental costs.
4. Creates and manages product listings including roll-outs of new products offered and phase-outs of current products.
5. Remains in communication with managers and key personnel in each department so as to always be aware of product needs and objectives.
6. Teaches beverage classes to Eataly employees and at consumer events.
7. Orders supplies and merchandise as needed for their department.
8. Directs assignment, training and motivation of all related beverage staff, and staff members involved in beverage and/or wine.
9. Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
At least (3) three years of progressively more responsible experience in Italian wine and beverage is required, with at least two of those years in a high-volume restaurant environment
Experience in the wholesale wine and/or retail industries are preferred
A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required
Completion of Sommelier training is required
Primarily in a retail environment, with significant time spent walking and standing. Will be expected to be mobile and travel as needed to conduct due diligence.
Ability to lead and manage Beverage team, and to effectively communicate with team members regarding beverage. Ability to effectively communicate with upper management.
Reports to the General Manager of Eataly. Manages any Beverage staff.