Your future position?
To have the Word "Flavors" in Givaudan Flavors, we recognize that particular word contains a lot of meanings. Flavour creation and application (FC&A) is a combination of art and science, intimately bound with human psychologies and cultures. Our flavour creation and application team is the foundation and creative force of the flavors business, whom develop innovative new food and beverage product concepts, evaluate new flavour profiles & delivery technologies and most importantly, assist our Account Managers in winning new business.
We currently are recruiting for a Lab Manager in our Beverage Alcohol Applications group in Cincinnati, OH. The core of this position is to execute daily brief-related tasks and manage a team of beverage scientists. The candidate will fully manage the flavour selection, evaluation and application development as well as lead customer visits both internally and presentations at the customer when required. Serve as technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation, and customers for multiple applications.
- Coach, Train, Inspire: Mentor technicians, technologists and scientists. Successfully lead the team to drive growth. Be a leader in building customer relationships. Excel in technical problem solving skills in multiple beverage application areas with the ability to help customers solve their technical issues.
- Lead, Collaborate, Create: Lead evaluations of flavors in beverage applications for briefs, research projects and portfolio evaluations. Establish and maintain effective relationships with a broad number of complex customers; able to gain their trust and respect. Select optimal flavors for projects according to specified requirements (i.e. customer, regulatory, legislation, costs) and proactively take responsibility to suggest updates using flavors with high performance in common applications.
- Manage, Recommend, Champion: Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment in accordance with EH&S policies and participate in designing the rules which are required. Recommend appropriate lab/pilot plant equipment needed for capital project investments. Identify appropriate flavour delivery systems and technologies for customer projects in multiple applications. Consistently participates as a local champion for new technologies.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you? Then come join us - and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Ph.D or Master’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, and 10- 14 years experience (B.S. 15-19 years) in a food applications lab, production, or related area.
- Project management skills with success record and considered to be an excellent choice to lead a wide variety of projects including the largest customer briefs and technical development projects in multiple applications areas.
- Ability to supervise and manage technicians, technologists, and scientists.
- Understanding of Analytical/Sensory methodology as relevant to flavour selection and the ability to recommend actions based on the data.
- Broad background of beverage applications product development experience, with an emphasis on alcoholic beverage product development.
- Ability to prepare and present complex technical presentations.