JPMorgan Asset Management Technology is seeking a well rounded hands-on senior developer that is experienced in building systems that support full Investment Management investment cycle with the main focus on Beta Indexing products—from portfolio construction to portfolio execution and trading. The candidate will be part of the front-office technology team and have good business knowledge and communication skills to work with the stakeholders and develop functional specification.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Will be part of the high-caliber development team that works closely with the Front Office users on end-to-end solutions.
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, motivated by complex analytical problems.
- Has to demonstrate interest in financial markets, and have ability to communicate directly with the business users.
- Should be able to work individually or as part of a global team to achieve project goals.
- Will interact closely with the product strategy and marketing teams to deliver a brand new customer-centric platform.
- Will be responsible for full lifecycle: Coding, Compiling, Unit testing, integration, packaging and deployment of application software.
- Ensure overall quality of deliverables is consistent with defined standards and Agile development practice.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages: Strong core Java programming experience.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices.
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial service environment with a focus in finance front-office applications.
- Strong core JAVA programming experience is required.
- Agile development experience or equivalent in fast-paced development environment.
- Good understanding in data persistence (SQL or non-SQL) data paradigms.
- Solid financial engineering background is desirable.
- Quantitative experience in the field of optimization, regression and portfolio analytics is desirable.
- Prior experience developing middleware (MQ, data caching) is desirable.
- Experience in front-office capital markets/investment management applications desired.
- Understanding of fixed income markets is strongly desired.
- Experience working with market Data Feeds.