Do you want to make an impact and help us change the world? We are looking for a brilliant (but humble) best practices technical writer. In this role, you will work with technical field resources, marketing, and partners to create content that helps our customers adopt Splunk products.
The Splunk Customer Success Best Practices team creates and evangelizes content that simplifies implementation and adoption of our technology. We develop resources in a variety of mediums, including videos, blog posts, white papers, use case blueprints, architecturetemplates, presentations, and apps. As a technical writer on this team, you will work side-by-side with best practices engineers in developing creative and engaging content to help support our customers. You’ll thrive in this role if you enjoy translating highly technical concepts into engaging documentation.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and product marketing to develop and publish in-depth use case and best practices guides
- Translate internal enablement and documentation to an external audience in the form of white papers, blog posts, and other collateral
- Learn complex technical information and communicate it in a readable, concise, and accurate manner
- Coordinate with the product documentation and marketing teams to ensure consistency of message and shared deliverables
- Become an expert in Splunk, ready to discuss and demonstrate technical details with developers, product managers, support engineers, and customers
- 3+ years of researching and writing customer-facing technical documentation and white papers
- Solid knowledge of UNIX/Linux and/or Windows system administration tasks, such as role administration, license management, security, networking, and distributed server environments
- Experience working directly with customers, support teams, sales engineers, and/or marketing
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Technical Communication, English, a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience.