Do you want to make an impact and help change the world? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home here for you at Splunk! We are looking for a communicator that will build consensus and motivate sales teams and customers to succeed. You will have an innate ability to influence and provide guidance to the field leadership as well as other business units within Splunk (finance, legal etc.). Lastly you exhibit tact and persistence and bring dedication to the team.
You will lead contract negotiations, revenue recognition, closing, executive presentations, financial modeling, return on investment and value selling. You will influence global sales teams (leaders and contributors) on ground breaking sales methodologies such as contract structure, pricing, negotiation, overall attested sales methodologies while working closely with cross functional teams.
- You drive value for the sales force and act as a SME for corporate support organizations such as product management, legal and finance
- You will demonstrate creativity and determination to drive complex opportunities and increase overall sales productivity
- You will provide strategic mentorship and influence to company's sales leadership team while driving adherence to established ethical, business, legal and financial principles
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with the largest most complex organizations while protecting the business globally
- Be a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of significant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions
- Travel depends on home location.
- 3 +years of experience as a Best Practices Manager, or equivalent, and influencing a worldwide sales team (leaders and individuals) on contract negotiations, successful sales practices and complex selling and able to show value.
- 5+ years’ experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; 2nd line management experience a plus
- State & Local Government & Education sales or sales management experience including working with system integrators.
- 10+ years selling directly to enterprise organizations (with experience selling through the channel)
- Successful experience and very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure software licensing transactions—going on sales calls w/sales reps, running calls.
- Experience selling enterprise software
- Strong presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the C Suite level
- Ability to build business cases
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to coach and develop peers and leaders alike
- Exceptional management, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly growing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Similar software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Shown success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferreddegree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics).
- MBA/ graduate degreepreferred but not required