The Benefits Specialist is responsible managing and maintaining company benefits programs.
This position will function as a liaison between vendors and employees and advise employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters. The Benefits Specialist is also responsible for compiling and maintaining benefits records and documents.
- Process and track daily transactions in Benefit Admin system including new hire enrollments, qualifying events and terminations for benefits which include health, dental, life, disability and FSA, etc.
- Work with third party vendors to maintain accurate files
- Benefit invoice reconciliation using VLOOKUP in Excel. This reconciliation involves the carrier invoice, PeopleSoft payroll deductions reports and the benefit admin census report. Must be able cross audit and analyze the data using these reports to research and correct any discrepancies.
- Using Excel, conduct various audits and data gathering for data analysis, reporting and reconciliation purposes.
- Send out reminder notice emails to employees
- Create and maintain employee benefit files
- Educate employees on company benefits by using various modes of communication including e-mail, employee orientations, open enrollment information sessions, and customer service telephone calls
- Administer the Company’s Tuition Reimbursement Program in accordance with the terms of the policy.
- Coordinate employee leaves with regard to FMLA, ADA and any other relevant federal and state regulations
- Coordinate employee wellbeing activities
- Coordinate with accounting to confirm accurate payment of benefit plan invoices.
- Assist with Open Enrollment
- Respond to employee inquiries
- Keep orderly and organized benefit work files
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors and carriers
- Provide support and backup to others in the Benefit Department
- Post benefits information on company internal portal and website
- Ensure all information is kept up to date and is accurate
- Complete special projects and otherresponsibilities as assigned
- BA/BS Degree preferably in related degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in Benefit Administration
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills is a must
- Creative, outgoing, energetic person with a demonstrable track record of exceeding goals
- Ability to multitask in a faced paced environment.
- Strong Excel skills required including proficiency in VLOOKUP
- Solid analytical skills
- Proven knowledge of MS Office products, including Visio (expert knowledge of PowerPoint)
- May be required to work overtime on occasion.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft is a plus