The Benefits Specialist plans and leads the overall governance and plan structure, design, implementation, communication, compliance and administration of CSWI’s health, wellness, disability and retirement benefits. This position will be knowledgeable of all reporting requirements; relevant government rules and regulations including IRS, DOL, ERISA, and fulfill those requirements.
- Provides strategic and operational leadership and oversight of the organization’s design and administration of all benefits policies and practices that are linked to organization and functional business plans and objectives.
- Partner closely with various internal stakeholders to ensure the company’s benefits plans, programs and initiatives are competitive, affordable and deliverable and consistent with the company’s strategic direction and employment proposition.
- Work closely with HRIS, HRBPs and Payroll team to ensure efficient and employee-friendly processes that result in accurate employee deductions and funding to vendors. (e.g. 401K, HSA, FSA).
- Oversee vendor billing data including reconciliation, validation, payment and budget reporting.
- Coordinate with auditors, tax department, consultants and legal counsel to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of plan filings and reports required by governmental regulations. Conduct audits of data to ensure processes and policies are being managed effectively and data quality is maintained/improved amongst internal and external systems.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and the operational efficiency of our programs.
- Assist in the annual Pay Planning processes as needed to support the management team and HRBPs.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and overall support to the leadership teams and field HR Business Partners.
Benefits Plan Designs:
- Lead the design and administration of all employee benefits programs, policies, and procedures including the development of benefits strategies and recommendations based on the needs of our Team Members, business strategies, and/or regulatory changes.
- Advise executive management on overall plan operations including premium rate determinations and significant administrative issues.
- Lead financial, strategic and statistical analysis involved in designing, developing and managing benefits programs. Analyze cost drivers and utilization statistics to make recommendations for plan design changes.
- Lead the Annual Benefits Renewal and Open Enrollment process including communications, reporting and management of the enrollment process to ensure accurate and timely submission of data to all carriers.
- Use advanced analysis, project management, and negotiation skills to improve the cost, service, value, and administrative performance of the programs.
- Ensure that benefit plans are administered in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all plan filings (such as Form 5500) and audits are performed to maintain plan qualification and compliance with ERISA, HIPAA, ADA, FMLA, ACA, and IRS regulatory requirements of health and welfare plans.
- Work closely with Legal to develop required notices, plan amendments, plan documents, eligibility appeal response and other required documentation and instruct carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes accordingly.
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and make necessary changes. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Assess current and future vendor relationships, manage vendor relationships to ensure optimal systems, execution, budget, and compliance.
- Manage relationships with outsourced service providers, brokers, consultants, and carriers, including monitoring of cost, service levels, processes, and accuracy of data. Lead negotiations and renewals with providers including governance, contract compliance, issues management, communications frequency, schedule and approach.
- Oversee the effective communication of the company’s benefits plans and programs, to ensure impact and understanding. Work closely with Team Members to deliver a strong value proposition and comprehensive communication materials.
- Direct the Wellness Program and provide leadership, coaching, and direction for Wellness Committee.
- Oversee the employee wellness program, linking wellness/health data with the Wellness Committee initiatives, and stay abreast of health & wellness trends to proactively improve employee health and reduce healthcare costs.
- Support a culture of wellness that sets the standard for quality, effectiveness and value while focusing efforts on the key areas of concern for the employee population.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management, Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline or comparable experience in the aforementioned fields.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 8+ years of related experience in compensation, benefits administration, leave administration wellness administration and Total Rewards within a multi-state environment.
- Expert knowledge of State and Federal benefits rules and regulations.
- Experience with Canadian benefits administration is strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of group life and health; knowledge of federal regulations such as Section 125, HIPAA, ACA, ERISA and COBRA.
- Collaborative business style to work effectively across the organization, with external trusted partners and with employees.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions.
- Superior analytical skills and understanding of human resource and financial issues and best practices.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel PowerPoint skills required. Solid Microsoft Office Word skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Bachelors or better.