The Benefits Manager will be responsible for the development and design of the benefits plans and programs for Sprouts Farmers Market. This role will join a team-oriented and employee centric department that will leverage their benefits expertise and leadership to manage the benefits team. This position plays an important role in attaining Sprouts’ strategic plans by aligning emerging issues with business goals and operational processes.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Effectively collaborates with other departments and vendors to ensure execution of benefit programs
- Directs the ongoing evaluation of programs and oversees the design of improvements as needed
- Recommendations/ modifications to benefits programs, compliance, policies and procedures
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Manages 401(k) program and ensures all contributions are made in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitors trends and introduces market best practices for programs to company
- Reporting on program utilization, costs, effectiveness and recommends changes
- Design, plan and administration of fully insured health plans, group life insurance programs, and retirement programs including 401(k), voluntary benefits and other employee/retiree benefit programs
- Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees and managers of benefits and related policies
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of assigned staff
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in benefits
- Minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience
- Ability to consult with employees at all organizational levels and lead significant changes
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey complex details both verbally and in writing
- Broad knowledge and experience related to computer systems and technologies, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to think logically.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; expert in Microsoft Excel
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.