Your daily responsibilities include
Responsible for administration of employee benefit plans, reconciliation and processing of benefits invoices, assistance with completion of all DOL and IRS filings, support of benchmarking data initiatives and management of benefits staff. Provide support in the planning, organizing, developing, implementation and evaluation of Benefit policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for supervising and managing the Benefits department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives in defined area.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving internal customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Supports Director of Benefits in all Merger & Acquisition activities relating to benefits. Including but not limited to: reviewing contracts, conducting benefits and cost comparison, gathering claims data, preparing orientation presentations, and conducting benefits training to acquired staff.
- Manages online benefit enrollment system including Health Spending Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, COBRA Administration and Health and Welfare System.
- Assists in management of vendor relationships.
- Resolves day-to-day escalated service issues, including eligibility, billing, and claim issues.
- Assists with all benchmarking activities and generate comparison of company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information to ensure competitiveness.
- Reconciles benefit billing and ensure accurate and timely payment of vendors. Track benefits spend, analyze trends, and ensure proper inputs for annual budgeting process.
- Assists with compliance of the company’s benefit programs, including HIPAA, Plan 5500 filings, ACA, etc.
- Assists in the annual redesign, roll-out and management of company-wide wellness initiatives.
- Responsible for accurate completion of various tasks including but limited to audit compliance, year-end activities, assisting in mergers and acquisition benefit integration, and supporting other HR initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Director of Benefits.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Bachelor’sdegree (B.S./B.A.) in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field from four-year college or university; or five years progressive experience in benefits administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of leadership experiencerequired. CEBS designation or other HR certification preferred.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and experience with on-line benefit systems.
- Must have strong problem solving, organizational, analytical, planning, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Must have excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must have technical proficiency and knowledge in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have strong compliance experience in ERISA, HIPPA, FMLA, and ADA.
- Must be able to travel an average up to 35% of the time.
- Strong client interface and presentation skills preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must have the ability to drive results and be proactive when working on tasks.