5 - 7 years experience •
The Benefits Manager will be responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations.
The Role You'll Play
- Develops, recommends, and installs approved, new, or modified plans and employee benefit policies, and supervises administration of existing plans. Develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee.
- Administers employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; basic hospital, medical, surgical, and major medical plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies.
- Develops company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee.
- Installs approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees. Conducts employee meetings and arranges for enrollment of employees in optional plans. Conducts employee benefit seminars for local personnel.
- Revises and reissues all communications material on benefits from time to time. Prepares and executes, with legal consultation, benefit documentation such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.
- Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits, with government sponsored programs. Assures that existing and new benefit programs are adaptable to standardized computer and reporting systems.
- Develops benefit information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers, and management. Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintains contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Supervises maintenance of human resources records. Supervises maintenance of enrollment, application, and claims records for all benefit plans.
Your Building Blocks of Success
- A bachelor's degree and five (5) years’ experience in Benefits Administration
- A master's degree in Human Resource Management and four (4) years’ experience in Benefits Administration
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.