About the Role
Taking an integrated approach to critical business needs, this employee benefits consulting firm needs an expert in retirement plan and executive compensation to join their Detroit, MI team. As Benefits Consultant- Retirement and Executive Compensation you are very involved with the technical aspects of retirement plan design. You have an extensive knowledge of code sections, how rules apply to plans and can analyze circumstances based on regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage qualified retirement and executive compensation plan design and compliance
- Develop innovate strategies and provide ideas to current clients and prospects
- Provide leadership to the staff; promote knowledge of all areas of employee benefits consulting. Be a mentor and build relationships within the team.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Technical expertise in the mechanics of plan design of qualified and nonqualified plans. Demonstrated expertise in some or all of Code Sections 409A, 3121(v), 457, 280G, 162(m), 4960, 401(a), 401(k), and 403(b) required.
- 7-15 years of relevant experience required, including experience with accounting, consulting, or law firms serving the middle market, or in-house benefits and/or compensation experience
This position is located in Detroit, MI. Relocation candidates will be considered. Limited travel is expected.
Compensation & Perks
Target salary of $125k-$150k with considerations based on experience.