The Benefits Administration Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Human Resources Administration team and is integral to the professional success of our employees and contractors. The Manager will work with the Onboarding, Credentialing, Clinical Services, Education, Recruitment, and Business Operations functional teams to develop and implement Human Resources Administration processes that move candidates from their first day with Matrix through their rewarding Matrix careers.
The Benefits Administration Manager will also be key to the ongoing development and implementation of benefit programs, wellness, and other modules. This position provides maintenance support and updates to all human resources online systems including, but not limited to, Human Resources/Payroll, benefits administration, benefits enrollment and 401k.
Candidate will have a thorough knowledge of benefit programs, plan document requirements, and the value proposition regarding the implementation of the best programs for our employees as well as for the company. Will work closely with benefits and LOA administrators to keep all programs within established government regulations and guidelines.
- Administers benefits including enrollment, eligibility determination, plan operations and review and recommendations for changes to existing programs.
- Develops and monitors the structure and processes necessary to manage benefit plans in an efficient and cost- effective manner.
- Designs, plans and implements benefit programs.
- Manages the daily administration of benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans; flex spending accounts; health savings accounts; employee assistance programs and COBRA.
- Supports administration of 401k program including communication of open enrollment eligibility, changes, loans, distributions and related requests.
- Develops and updates departmental processes and procedures.
- Sets and maintains timely and accurate goals for department responsibilities including demographic data, compliance, reporting and filings.
- Monitors vendor service levels and evaluates and manages third party servicers.
- Acts as liaison with Human Resources Business Partners, as well as internal and external customers, to ensure positive and productive working relationships.
- Takes on and successfully completes special projects and tasks.
- Guides, coaches and supports other Human Resources Administration team associates, including offering introductory and ongoing training and education to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provides strong back up to each member of the Human Resources Administration team.
- Audits and maintains benefit plan compliance with applicable government regulatory and reporting requirements, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices.
- Ensures integrity of benefits data and compliance standards are met and adhered to in order to meet company guidelines, internal and external audit procedures and compliance with governmental regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley, ACA, FMLA.
- Documents adherence to all compliance measures and metrics for internal and external auditors.
- Ensures all government-mandated reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assists employees with benefit related matters in a professional, timely and effective manner.
- Resolves difficult and/or escalated internal and external issues.
- Plans, creates and effectively presents Company benefit communications, in person and in writing, for benefit orientations, open enrollment, updates and changes, educational workshops, wellness programs, the Employee Assistance Program, and “how to” guidelines and process training.
- Completes requiredreporting as needed for internal and external sources including governmental compliance and filings.
- Collects and analyzes experience data from available resources.
- Interfaces with internal and external vendors, monitors and implements Human Resources-related system releases (UltiPro, Fidelity, Benefits) as part of Human Resources team.
- Reviews and reconciles vendor invoices and prepares requiredreports for accurate payment and allocation of benefit costs.
- Reviews and approves new hires, status and leave changes, data uploads, billing invoices and other transactions generated by the Human Resources administrative staff.
- Manages the administration of workers’ compensation and employee leaves (including FMLA, CFRA, personal leaves of absence).
- Duties and responsibilities may change or be added at any time, with or without notice.
A Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related area is required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ recent experience in human resources and benefits with a demonstrated proficiency in the application of benefits and human resources principles and knowledge in a high-volume environment is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible supervisory management experience is also required.
- The Manager, Human Resources Administration must have demonstrated the ability to protect confidential information. Experience with health information protocols is preferred.
- Previous experience should reflect Human Resources Administration processes including onboarding, data management/ demographics, security, role administration, benefits, 401k, and leave administration.
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of federal and state human resources regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley, FMLA and the Affordable Care Act must be reflected in previous experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources/payrollprocesses and systems is required, and proficiency in software implementation and upgrades is preferred. Experience generating reports is preferred. Ulti-Pro experience is a plus.
- An exceptional verbal and written communication aptitude with the proven ability to positively influence behavior is a requirement; conflict resolution and change management competency is strongly preferred.
- The proven ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task in a high-volume environment while adhering to strict deadlines with exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness is necessary.
- The ideal candidate is action oriented and sees challenges as opportunities for growth and positive development of self, staff and processes and is experienced in taking ownership and accountability of processes.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking ability; organizational, time management and problem-solving skills; and the ability to drive processes forward in a clear, concise and appropriate manner is necessary in this position.
- The commitment and ability to deliver excellent customer service and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients is necessary.
Supervisory Responsibility: Direct management and oversight responsibility for Human Resources Administration Team
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel may be required
Work Conditions: General office environment