Guardian’s products, services, and value proposition are materially and increasingly impacted by third party HR and benefits administration technologies. The market is complex and evolving, requiring our sales and client management teams to have awareness and understanding, articulating implications to our customers and their advisors.
The Benefit Technology Practice Leader is responsible for providing technical and functional benefits technology expertise, supporting thedistribution team to enable the sale of digital as a product and services enhancement. This leader will develop strategies with sales to communicate digital capabilities and describe the value proposition, thereby influencing Guardian’s revenue growth. They will maintain strong external focus with awareness of competitive issues, trends, and opportunities in the benefits technology marketplace.
- Provide in depth technical and operational expertise of benefits technology platforms.
- Advise, guide, and support Guardian’s Group Sales Representatives & Client Managers to enable the sale of digital as a product.
- Support the roll-out of new benefits technology programs and relationships.
- Develop business relationships with technology centers & experts with our top national and regional brokers to communicate and align digital strategies.
- Promote Guardian’s capabilities and positioning of our value proposition.
- Maintain awareness of competitive issues, trends, and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Identify training opportunities and provide input into the development of training programs.
- Act as a liaison with all internal Guardian departments (e.g., Product, Distribution, Underwriting, Customer Service Delivery, Marketing, & Training) to ensure end to end process success, provide subject matter expertise, and develop recommendations to improve integrated service models with third party benefits technology.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President, Benefits Technology Solutions and Partnerships who reports to the Vice President, Customer Service Delivery Strategy and Transformation.
- Applies a deep understanding of distribution, operations, risk management and applicable regulations.
- Experience working with a sales or distribution organization.
- Maintains familiarity with industry trends, sales models and behaviors.
- Leads multiple projects with multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Adapts to changing business priorities and environments.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Ability to build and maintain reciprocal working relationships at all levels.
- Builds strategic relationships, influencing and negotiating alliances for mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Leading Transformation and Change: Leads effectively in ambiguous environments.
- Delivering Long Term Values: Strategically aligns processes and resources to future goals and objectives; maintains strong external focus and advocacy.
- Achieving Excellence: Displays technical and functional competence and expertise, enabling new sales and retaining clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA and/or relevant industry designations are a plus.
- Experience/expertise working with third party benefits technology companies.
- Certification in Project Management and/or Six Sigma designation preferred.
- Minimum of five years insurance experience with demonstrated experience in at least three core business areas (distribution, account management, operations, financial analysis /pricing, product / marketing).
- Demonstrated success leadership, relationship development, influence, and consultative skills.
- Remote/Work from Home position in a New England, NY/NJ/PA tri-state or Great Lakes metropolitan area.
- 25-40% travel to various field offices, key partners and finalist presentations.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans with no wait period.
- Competitive salary.
- 401k contribution with match.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Life and disability insurance.
- Tuition assistance program.
- Wellness discounts.
- Social responsibility is part of our mission. It stems from our corporate values of putting people first, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves to high standards.
- As a company and as employees, we are engaged in a variety of initiatives such as volunteering within our local communities, educational alliances with colleges, focusing on sustainability, and promoting diversity and inclusion.