We are looking for Benefit Coding Consultant for our client in Pittsburgh, PA
Job Title: Benefit Coding Consultant
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Accountable for identification, documentation and escalation of risks, defects and issues throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for assisting in the resolution of risks, defects and issues.
- Responsible for verification that the code meets the customer needs based on the specifications, ensuring minimal defects in both UAT and production.
- Research claims processing problems, perform initial problem identification and resolution activities and debug benefits and medical policy program coding. Document the results of problem analysis/research and prepare the specifications necessary to identify impacted claims.
- Provide assistance on development of project deliverables - e.g. vision documents, business requirements, use cases, supplemental specifications, user design, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals, and training materials.
- Manage job tasks and project requirements so that work is completed on time, in scope, within budget, and with minimal defects.
- Follow coding structured protocols and maintain coding documentation. Perform system testing for coding group and production applications.
- Assist in development of testing plan, scenarios, documentation and defect management to ensure minimal production defects are realized.
- Complete analysis of the results tying back to customer impacts.
- Interface closely with the business and technical staff during all phases of a project, including unit and system testing, integration and UAT testing culminating with implementation checkout and post implementation support
Perform root cause analysis and coding implementation to include:
- Data clean-up
- Business procedures implementation (suspense correction)
- Business/Technical sign-off on CRs and projects
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Qualification: Graduate in any discipline
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant and progressive experience in Benefit Coding
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly accountable and accepts constructive criticism effectively.
- PreferredQualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science