Bell Labs conducts research in a wide variety of topics, ranging from fiber-optics and wireless, to cloud-based and highly distributed computing, to fundamental physics, mathematics and computing. It is the birthplace of the transistor, information theory, cellular networking, Unix and C, and many other fundamental technological discoveries and inventions. Bell Labs researchers have won 8 Nobel Prizes, 3 Turing Awards, and several National Medals of Science and of Technology and Innovation.
Innovation Incubation (InIn) function within Bell labs turn the research assets from Bell Labs into reality by building proto solutions that can be tested in the marketplace. The candidate will work with a team of talented software developers to incubate a few high impact software projects per year. The ideal candidate
• Loves to code and can solve complex problems
• Has strong ability to work within teams with excellent interpersonal skills and written/verbal communications
• Has strong creative ability to take research results and visions to create applications
• Able to contribute to creation and follow through on project timelines with documentation and design specifications
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
• Work with team members to create and develop innovation ideas into projects
• Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage following TDD/BDD principles, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
• Improve the skills of everyone around you through discussion, debate, and review. Promote work in an agile mode
- Strong software development capability:
- For mobile application: 2+ years of mobile application development in iOS or Android
- For both: experience with REST interfaces, XML, JSON, OAuth
- Real world software development methodology:
- agile development (scrum or kanban).
- test driven development and unit testing with tools
- continuous integration process (automated testing, software packaging, etc).
- continuous deployment
- Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with NoSQL database (especially MongoDB)
- For full-stack: experience with AWS and cloud application, Docker container, Ubuntu/CentOS
- For mobile: published App on Apple or Google Play store is a plus, familiar with mobile database such as Core Data or Realm