Job Position Summary Description:
Multiple positions are available for full time Research Scientists in the Data Science Research group in Nokia Bell Labs Research, Murray Hill, NJ. The selected candidate will be actively involved in the research aspects of developing and applying advanced data analytics and machine learning techniques and algorithms to solve challenging problems with real-world impact. Successful candidates should have demonstrated ability to perform high-quality research in modern machine learning techniques such as Deep Learning, Transfer Learning, Reinforcement Learning, or similar. Past experience in analyzing large scale data sets is desirable. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required, along with the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers and partners.
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Statistics (or a similar quantitative field) with a focus on Machine Learning, Data Mining, or Predictive Analytics
- Demonstrated capability to develop proof-of-concept prototypes for experimenting with novel algorithms
- Strong algorithmic problem solving and software development skills (R, Python, or similar)
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Demonstrated experience and accomplishments in the use of data mining, machine learning, and predictive analytics to address real-life problems.
- Knowledge and experience in modern machine learning techniques such as Deep Learning, Transfer Learning, Reinforcement Learning, or similar
- Past experience in analyzing large scale data and distributed algorithms