Behavioral Science Researcher (Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress)
The department has ongoing collaborations with the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, is sponsor of CSTS, and provides psychiatry residency training through its affiliations with Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, National Naval Medical Center and Malcolm Grow Air Force Medical Center and the National Capital Area Graduate Medical Education Consortium.
- Assists in designing, developing, executing and implementing scientific research and/or development related to disasters, trauma, and/or suicidality and their public health implications.
- Assists in development of study methodology.
- Performs basic behavioral science research and data analysis.
- Interpretation and application of data analyses.
- Assists with the preparation of manuscripts and grant applications.
- Assists with the training of research assistants.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Familiarity with military medical system strongly preferred.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Ph.D., DrPH, M.D., or D.O.
Minimum Experience: 2-4 years related experience in research design and implementation using large data sets.
Physical Capabilities: Walking, standing, and sitting.