Behavioral Health Nurse Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
We are staffed with a dedicated nursing team who partner with physicians to diagnose and treat a variety of mental disorders in older adults. Our nursing team members possess specialized training in the physical, emotional, and social needs of older patients which allows for a comprehensive approach to treatment.
Managing such a dynamic team takes an experienced leader with passion, vision, operational commitment and will require a level of thoughtfulness and sensitivity for the care of this special population. A leader that can prioritize what’s good for the patients, staff and their team. We are currently seeking a Behavioral Health Nurse Manager to lead the BH RN team. The BH Nurse Manager facilitates an environment that allows staff to be present with patients and their families by supporting their desire to positively impact the health and well-being of our patients, our families, and our communities through the nursing process.
The BH Nurse Manager will set a goal to spend at least 50% of his/her time on the unit, be visible, present and available to staff and share necessary mentoring, teaching and support. This role also develops and maintains collegial relationships with physicians, clinical educators and other interdisciplinary team members. She/he provides leadership and creates a strategy to achieve the best outcomes including but not limited to quality, financial vitality, and team member and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Minimum of 2years clinical RNexperience in a behavioral health setting required
- Minimum of 2years’ experience in a nursing leadership position is required
- Current RN licensure in appropriate state required. BLS required. Prior demonstrated leadership preferred
- Understands and apply current and future trends/practice in area of responsibility
- Have knowledge of regulatory and governing standards, policies and procedures; information systems and software used in area of responsibility
- Experience with equipment used in performing assigned duties
- Application of safety and infection control policies and procedures
- Possess skills in interviewing and selection process
- Understanding of budgeting, staffing, payroll and purchasing processes
- Implementation of competency, feedback, development and progressive discipline processes
- Experienced in teambuilding, conflict management, and possess interpersonal relationship skills
- Understanding of the principles of adult learning and teaching methods/models
- Strong decision making, project leadership and consultation, delegation and communication skills
- Be able to assess customer needs and expectations and knowledge for improvement to exceed customer expectations
- Understand the principles of change management
- Master's degreepreferred
- Board certification in area of practice