The Behavioral Health Clinician is responsible for providing wellness coaching to members through telephonic assessment, education, support, and referrals to various health and wellness programs. The Behavioral Health Clinician will use techniques such as motivational interviewing, behavior change, and cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to help people achieve optimal health and well being. The Behavioral Health Clinician will support members working in conjunction with an existing team of Health Advisors.
A day in the life of a Health Advisor - Behavioral Clinician may include:
• Telephonic outreach and coaching
• Assistance in the identification of member health education needs through health assessment activities
• Utilization of health prevention guidelines and general health and wellness strategies to achieve goals in the overall health of members.
• Perform research on relevant topics in health promotion and disease prevention, as required for specific members
• Consult with and assist team members in cases where a member’s behavioral health or emotional issues are impacting their ability to set and/or achieve goals
• Provide ongoing behavioral health and behavior change consultation and training to the Health Advisor team.
• Educate and refer members on available health resources and CIGNA Medical Management and CIGNA Behavioral Health programs as appropriate
• Provides 1:1 telephonic coaching to members around their behavior change to improve health status, reduce health risks and improve quality of life.
• Assesses readiness to change and implements actions to assist members in moving through stages of change to reach their goals
• Work with members to identify and set personalized health improvement plans and goals and support members in achieving those goals.
• Collaboration with Health Advisor team members such as nutritionist, pharmacist, nurse clinician, MD and member's provider
• Empowers members with skills to provide enhanced interaction with their providers.
• Provides suggestions for improvements and enhancements to wellness coaching programs based on data/experience
• Documents interactions and interventions as directed
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• A minimum of five (5) years clinical experience in behavioral health
• Masters degree in behavioral health field with an independent license or RNrequired
• Experience in health education and wellness coaching
• Experience with direct member communication (written and verbal), experience in telephonic counseling/coaching preferred
• Experience in the use of applied behavior change theory such as cognitive behavior therapy
• Working knowledge of motivational strategies, materials development, training and consultation required.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of health behavior change theories and their application.
• Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities
• A hig energy level and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Passion for health improvement of members