Works withstudents and patients throughout the Center for Autism under the direct supervision of the Sr. Behavior Analyst. Performs behavioral assessments, behavioral intervention, and uses a formal process to develop Behavior Intervention Plans(BIP). Assists the Sr. Behavior Analyst in managing the Behavior Management Task team to oversee all BIPs in accordance with the Joint Commission andother governing bodies.
- Coordinates activities related to functional behavioral assessment of problem behavior.
- Develops and oversees function-based treatment, including Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP), teaching replacement behavior, and crisis management. Assists in managing the behavior data base, as well as interpreting data with the Behavior Management Team.
- Works with the Sr. Behavior Analyst to develop and coordinate new staff training in behavioral teaching methods, functional assessment, behavior measurement, data collection and interpretation and other related areas, through large and small group trainings, case-based teaching, and presentations with video, real life examples.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Education or related field required.
- Board Certified Behavior Analysis (BCBA) certification required.
- Minimum three years experience in applying behavioral assessment, creating and implementing function-based treatment plans, and instructing learners with ASD who present with severe challenging behavior (e.g., aggression, self injury, on-compliance, elopement, pica).
- Demonstrates understanding of the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and teaching strategies used with learners with ASD and other behavior disorders.
- Experience working with children and young adults in school settings.
- Demonstrates experience in staff training, communicating with staff and parents.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting students, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination, physically able to manage students of varying weight and sizes.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Req #: 509