This position has shared responsibility for overall assigned territory Bank at Work goal achievement. Responsible for referral production from internal line of businesses (Commercial Banking, AFG, Treasury Management, and Private Client & Institutional Services.) Accountable for developing a defined amount of new Bank at Work relationships on a monthly/quarterly basis. Responsible for self generating new Bank at Work employer opportunities through cold calling, networking, and maintaining established employer relationships. Also responsible for supporting sponsorship affinity offsite events. Works with assigned district manager to coordinate event participation.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
New business development
Other Internal Relationship Management with Key Leaders Across Business Lines
Other Manage Referrals Received from Line of Business Leaders
• Responsible for generation of Bank at Work opportunities through development of relationships with line of business partners within regions. Manage all referrals received from line of business partners.
• Initiate new business opportunities for the bank through the self generation of new leads, and the development of Centers of Influence business contacts and maintenance of existing client relationship to ensure new checking production targets are achieved.
• Partner with Branch Bankers on larger Bank at Work referral opportunities, including conducting effective Employer Presentations and establishing Employee Presentations with participating businesses.
• Participates in sponsorship affinity offsite events to drive new household growth within the region’s marketplace. Establish referral contacts within the community. Partner with assigned district manager to prioritize capacity/event attendance.
• Develop a relationship with front line leadership to ensure that the Bank at Work program is effectively in place within the assigned districts. This would include observations of employer and employee meetings, modeling the behaviors, presentation at meetings, training and skill practice, and coaching sessions.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business
Preferred Education: Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business
Required Experience: 7-10 years Business development experience in a business to business setting.
Required Experience: Less than 2 years
• Working knowledge of other business lines in the banking environment (Commercial and Corporate Banking, PCIS and AFG)
Required Experience: 2-4 years Minimum of three years of experience working in a sales oriented company
Required Experience: Less than 2 years
• Possess good marketing, interpersonal skill, and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
Preferred Experience: Less than 2 years Banking and Business Development
Special Skill Requirements:
Other: Understanding of non-borrowing products.
Other: Understand macro and micro economic issues as they apply to business.
Other: Possess good marketing and presentation skills.
Other: Valid Drivers License
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines