The Systems Engineer position is part of a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne platforms. The System Engineer is responsible for system level design and project support of a variety of L3 Aeromet products and services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and scheduling of engineering activities throughout projects.
Must be capable of interpreting and analyzing customer documents and needs, defining the system-level architecture, and allocating subsystem requirements.
- Performs system-level analyses, determines necessary trade studies, defines, and allocates subsystem requirements.
- Serves as the central technical interface to the various disciplines (PM, Engineering, Operators, Customers)
- With assistance from the various engineering disciplines, position is responsible for preparing technical presentations for both internal reviews and customer reviews.
- Supports the business development organization by developing technical solutions, technical narratives, and serving as the engineering focal for proposal and white paper responses to customer requests for proposal and information.
- Supports the marketing organization by attending customer industry days, trade shows, technology exchanges, and supporting presentations to potential customers.
- Position includes design and development, integration and test, and documentation
- The successful candidate will have good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- The qualified candidate should be skilled in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, or similar tools
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (Systems, Electrical, Software, etc.). A minimum of 5-8 years experience with a BS or 3-6 years with an MS.
Systems Engineering candidate with experience in one or more of the following preferred:
- EO/IR sensor systems
- Aircraft communication system integration and communications ground/ flight test support.
- Knowledge of requirement traceability methods and purpose.
- Experience writing subsystem specifications based on system level requirements.
- Experience conducting verification testing.
- Experience developing, authoring, and implementing software and system test plans in a team environment.
- Experience working successfully both independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience with testing, integrating, and verifying software and/or hardware.
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered Must be able to obtain a security clearance .
The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the intervie w .