The Business Development & Strategic Partnerships Executive serves as the chief sales and marketing strategist responsible for planning, implementing, and leading an effective go-to-market strategy in key geographies and oversees all business development and sales activities to grow Nixon Peabody’s national health care practice and multifaceted life sciences industry group. This is a senior-level professional who manages a sales pipeline by identifying, prioritizing, qualifying, and approaching client targets. This individual is expected to leverage his or her external network and the firm’s resources to source and introduce attractive business opportunities for Nixon Peabody attorneys in the health care and/or life sciences sectors with the ultimate goal of generating revenue for the firm.
This position works closely with practice and industry group leadership, as well as the Sr. Business Development Specialist and the extended Marketing and Business Development team.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
At Nixon Peabody, our priority is to attract, retain and promote talented individuals who have an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious, professional, personal, and other backgrounds. Therefore, we encourage talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Los Angeles, Long Island, New York City, or Chicago
- Utilize industry expertise to develop a refreshed, cohesive go-to-market strategy that effectively positions Nixon Peabody for business generation and growth in key markets.
- Convene and drive internal cross-practice working teams to collaborate on business opportunities and practice or industry group strategy.
- Identify and cultivate new business leads from existing clients or prospects. Manage and report out on active sales pipeline.
- Network and forge relationships with referral sources and relevant industry players to create meaningful visibility and partnerships for Nixon Peabody in key markets.
- Work with Sr. Business Development Specialist to execute events such as in-person or virtual seminars, conferences, business development dinners, and networking programs to build relationships and generate business. Includes developing content, sourcing speakers and curating targeted attendee lists.
- Collaborate with Strategic Pursuits team to set direction and strategy for RFP responses, pitches and proposals and new business opportunities.
- Attend industry networking events and conferences, as appropriate.
- Track market intelligence that informs our go-to-market strategy and activities.
- Provide direction for the creation of marketing collateral and other materials to promote the practice and industry groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years’ experience in health care and/or life sciences industry, business development, marketing and/or sales. Strong preference for candidates with experience in professional services.
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree preferred (MBA, MPH, etc).
- Strategic thinker. Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and stay focused on results.
- Outgoing, sales-oriented personality. An extroverted networker with creative means to keep connected in remote work environment.
- Ability to mentor, coach, and support colleagues at all levels, from junior marketing staff to senior partners.
- Proven network within Health care and/or Life Sciences industries.
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, results-oriented and the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients; manage multiple tasks with “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.