The Senior Level Systems Engineer will lead a multi organizational, geographically dispersed team of technicians, engineers, installers, and support personnel using systems engineering practices and following PEO C4I/SPAWAR policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Oversee and manage all BFTN efforts to ensure timely engineering, testing and implementation of software and hardware modernized systems to surface, subsurface and portable platforms
- Develop/Review Enterprise Change Requests (ECR) and lead the BFTN functional leads to create a complete design package
- Socialize changes with impacted programs as coordinated through the Assistant Program Manager for Engineering (APM-E)
- Work with APME to develop ECRs and solve cross program, cross PMW, and cross service integration issues
- Identify technical risks and appropriate mitigations and present to APM, APME leadership and follow LE CONOPS
- Perform trade studies and AoAs as needed to develop technical options or risk mitigations
- Ensure requirements are met for all efforts
- Review/author engineering documentation, diagrams, etc.
- Provide guidance/tasking to ISEAs and test and engineering teams at SSC PAC, SSC LAN
Experience and Skills:
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills and email etiquette.
- Proactive self-starter, work well independently and with teams in a collaborative engineering environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio).
- Seasoned in leading and mentoring multi-functional teams. Must be able to effectively communicate and present briefings/trainings to all levels of personnel, including leadership, support, sponsors and peers and fleet.
- Must be able to manage resources effectively and work through conflicts/issues quickly and effectively.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering experience with at least 5 years leading teams.
- Knowledge of TACCOM and Navy Networks, Application Integration and E2C testing required. Knowledge of program management, scheduling, budgets.
- Awareness of cybersecurity requirements desired.
- Education: Bachelors degree in engineering required, Masters preferred.
- Clearance: Current/active Secret clearance at start of assignment required.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-269003