As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design, develop, and verify the batteries and energy storage components that make up the Electrical Power Systems used on New Glenn.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design and be responsible for the circuits and hardware needed for energy storage, battery charge management, power distribution, and voltage/current/power sensing
- Develop systems requirements and perform trade studies
- Validate requirements through design test, analysis, inspection, or demonstration
- Create interface definition, specification, and control documents
- Plan and conduct tests and analysis, review and interpret data
- Oversee and support fabrication, assembly, test, and end use of hardware
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget, and technical status
- B.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or an appropriate engineering field
- 10+ years of recent electronics and battery systems development for hardware used in harsh or space environments
- In-depth knowledge of Li-ion battery operation and performance including balancing, charging, discharging, impedance, aging, cycle life, temperature effects, failure modes and safety
- Knowledge of primary and secondary battery types and systems
- Desire to work hands-on, as part of a team, in both development and production phases of a product lifecycle
- Strong understanding of electronics design and integration with mechanical systems for structural and thermal support
- Understanding of DC/DC converters, battery chargers, electrical generators, solid-state power distribution, grounding, and analogcircuit design
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with high voltage electronics
- Experience with fuel cells, solar cells, electric generators
- Experience designing electronics and systems for high radiation environments
- Experience with fault tolerant and high reliability systems
- Familiar with testing and qualifying hardware per standards like MIL-STD-1540, DO-160, or SMC-S-016
Job ID 2749