Battery Electrical Engineer
- Job Number: 113010973
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 13-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
In this role, you will utilize your board design skills to design, develop and test battery monitoring units and Battery management units (BMU) for next generation consumer electronic products. Responsibilities include designing electronic circuits, selecting electronic parts and integrated circuits to meet the cost and performance targets. You will work with suppliers to develop custom parts where needed and design test methodologies to verify the battery management unit design.
- Introductory experience in electronic circuit design/development experience in Microcontroller-based mixed signal and digital systems. Familiarity with Lithium-based battery technologies and charging requirements is a plus but not a requirement.
- Specific experience with portable consumer electronic product or large format batteries will be an advantage but not a must for deserving candidates.
- Familiarity with embedded software development needs for real time embedded systems.
- Good knowledge on inter-module communications protocols like SM bus, I2C and others.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- Relies on data to justify technical decisions Ability to clearly explain technical issues Competent in Cadence ECAD tools like Concept and Allegro
- Background (any of the following): Portable consumer electronics, Medical Electronics, Automotive Electronics, Batteries, Power Electronics and Power Supplies -Embedded controllers
• Develops projects from concept to completion focusing on board level design • Conducts investigations and prepare reports for problems or issues • Works with suppliers, contractors and senior design engineers to ensure that the product is developed on time and on budget. • Develops Schematics and BOM to meet the design requirements. • Develops layout guidelines for PCBs and guides Layout Engineers to meet all physical and electrical requirements of BMU. • Specifies custom parts and PCBs for use in BMUs • Analyzes the design with simulation tools and calculations to verify its conformance to the design requirements. • Conducts design tests on prototypes to validate the design • Conducts design reviews, incorporates team feedbacks and releases the design documents for builds • Specifies production test methods and limits.
MS or BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline