Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking a Battery Applications Senior Engineer for our Core Engineering Team.
The Battery Applications Senior Engineer: Core Engineering will lead the design, development and validation of advanced battery systems that support our diverse product line. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create application requirements
- Develop system and component level requirements for the battery system including the battery management system (BMS).
- Create and implement a thermal management strategy for the battery system (heating and cooling)
- Conduct risk assessments, FMEA, and design reviews
- Define the battery pack durability, reliability and testing requirements
- Maintain knowledge of the current technical state and new innovations relative to advanced battery systems
- Lead the design and development of advanced battery systems from concept thru production launch
- Integrate the battery system with other electrical and mechanical systems
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Support product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design input)
- Execute and oversee onsite and supplier testing
- Ensure new products meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA and EPA
- Act as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers
- other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Experience leading the design and development of advanced battery systems from concept thru production launch.
- Knowledge of li-ion battery technology, including various cell chemistries.
- Experience conducting a FMEA for advanced battery systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with power generation products.
- Familiarity with simulation software such as MATLAB Simulink.