Basel RWA Analytics and Reporting team perform a number of activities to support the Basel and Citi Regulatory Reporting requirements. One area of support provided by the team is RWA Analytics which cover support for the business in the review and analysis of Basel Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) results throughout the month-end reporting cycle, as well as, support for the implementation and delivery of key business initiatives.
We are currently looking for a Global Lead for Wholesale RWA Analytics who will be responsible for managing a team of analysts who provide the analytical support required for Wholesale exposures. This include analysis of month-end results highlighting key variances and trends, issue investigation and remediation, as well as, senior management reporting. The function requires a close working relationship with our the RWA Global Process Owners (GPO), Corporate Regulatory Reporting, Record-to-Report GPO and Technology partners.
The candidate must have a robust understanding of US Regulatory Reporting (including CCAR and Basel), experience managing large projects and a solid track record of talent development and leadership covering both local and remote locations. In addition, the individual will be familiar with current and emerging Technology strategies including data consolidation, integrated enrichment, mapping and reporting tools.
- Lead a global team who reviews monthly RWA results, identifying key issues highlighted through variances on monthly trends, prioritizing material issues and directing operations units to investigate and resolve root causes while facilitating the appropriate escalation process and ensuring that corrective action is established and tracked on a periodic basis. This includes planning, assigning, monitoring and evaluating the work of each analyst assigned in the team.
- Act as a Service Delivery Manager working with Finance and Risk partners to identify, prioritize and implement initiatives to optimize and improve organization’s overall risk weighted assets. This will require an understanding of finance and accounting, as well as key product dynamics including the impact of collateral, risk ratings and other drivers for Basel RWA calculation.
- Support the delivery of identified projects/initiatives which have been highlighted by the business as key deliverables for Basel RWA Reporting. This will require coordination with Finance/Risk and Technology partners.
- Prepare and present senior management metrics highlighting key issues and remediation status, progress on strategic initiatives, as well as, other key items requiring Senior Management escalation and sponsorship.
- Implement and execute operational procedures, ensuring key controls are in consistently executed, continuously reviewed and optimized for this fluid Basel reporting/regulatory environment. Works in cooperation with peers on establishing objectives and developing processes to ensure efficient and timely work flow with a key focus on service delivery and regulatory compliance.
- Represent the organization with external parties including auditors and regulators
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 10+ years Financial Services experience with a background in: Credit Risk, Basel, Regulatory Reporting required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Knowledge and exposure to Wholesale Banking (Loans, Leases, LCs, Unused Commitments) and Trading Book (Over the counter Derivates, SFTs) products, as well as related Basel III reporting requirements is required
- Relevant experience in Risk Management or Regulatory Reporting required
- Exposure to Citi proprietary Finance and Risk reporting data flows and franchise systems (Optima, Pearl, RRI, etc) is highly preferred.
- Experience in implementing and managing an operational process with relevant controls, reporting and metrics is required.
- Must possess excellent analytical background and skill sets to come up with meaningful business insights
- Superior communication skills given exposure / interaction with senior business leads is required.
- Project Management skills and exposure to IT systems development lifecycle is an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task under strict deadlines demonstrating independent leadership skills.
- Possess strong team building, planning and work skills driven by process improvement.
- Exposure to global processes and teamwork across various locations and cultures desirable.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions
- Willingness to work flexible hours