Baseband Systems Engineer
Job Title: Baseband Systems Engineer
Location: US-CA-Santa Clara
? Provide detailed technical support to customers relating to the integration of modem solutions in an end customer product, in terms of documentation, schematic/layout reviews, test measurements, Q&A, etc.
? Work in a lab environment to investigate baseband hardware related issues raised by the customer or internal test teams to ensure root cause analysis and subsequent solutions.
?Support customer hardware power-on camps, either at customer premises or in the factory. Factory power-on camps will require international travel.
? Utilize power measurement test environment to setup, debug, and run weekly regression tests to measure platform and component power levels.
? Debug power consumption levels through HW and SW optimization. Works with development and customer programs in closing power consumption gaps relative to requirements.
? Creation and follow up of problem reports raised at all phases of the product development cycle.
? Close cooperation with hardware design teams and cross functional teams to propose and verify proposed solutions.
? Ownership of customer issues from customer filing, issue reproducing, platform support, customer solution delivery, and customer communication.
Keywords: High Speed Board design, Background in Mobile platform (LTE/CDMA/WCDMA), ARM processors, memory interfaces and serial bus architectures (PCIe, USB, I2S, I2C and UART)
*Experience of taking baseband solution to high volume manufacture
* Instrumentation Programming experience: Agilent VEE and/or LabVIEW, Visual Basic, Python, DOS scripting, Matlab, etc.
*Experience with developing and reviewing technical documents
* Ability to lead cross functional team for in depth technical issues such as issue investigations or requirements analysis
* Familiarity with communication test sets (CMW, Anritsu) as well as typical hardware test equipment such as high speed oscilloscopes and protocol analysers
* Customer supportexperience including design schematic reviews, layout reviews, issue investigations and training
* Demonstrable knowledge of ARM processors, memory interfaces and serial bus architectures (PCIe, USB, I2S, I2C and UART)
* Demonstrable knowledge of mobile system level areas such as battery management/powersaving and with at least a basic knowledge of the 3GPP 3G/4G air interface
* Expertise with Lauterbach debugging tools to debug potential hardware or low level software issues
? Minimum of 4years experience in hardware design, hardware development or hardware support roles
? Minimum of 2years experience with baseband solutions for wireless products
? Should be an effective learner
? Should be comfortable in working on multiple projects in parallel.
? Shall be adaptive to work with distributed teams
? Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
? Ability to estimate work, set priorities and meet deadlines
? Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines is required
? Strong problem identification and resolution, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
? Strong Analytical and reasoning skills
? Superior written and verbal communication skills.
? Able to work independently with a sense of project ownership