EMCOR Government Services has a need for a Base Services Manager in Bethesda, MD. The Base Services Manager shall provide oversight of services and projects at the government facility, to include managing &working closely with a diverse team of building O&M personnel that includeslandlords, property management representatives, the operations and maintenance team, and various stakeholders. Base services include managing the dailytradeservices, custodial services, and waste/snow/ice removal.
*** This position requires an active TS/SCI government security clearance. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, direct, and assign the daily base services tasks, to include: trade services, custodial services, waste removal services, and snow/ice removal.
- Coordinate work schedules, and ensure workmanship and materials conform to the appropriate industry best practices and meet federal, state, and local codes.
- Perform all work consistent with the appropriate building standards.
- Ensure work areas are restored to original condition.
- Provide work estimates, surveys, and facilities assessments supporting operations.
- Develop and implement a maintenance policy for tools and equipment.
- Maintain all files, records, and statistics for base services.
- Prepare a short & long rang work planassociated with base services.
- Administer a customer satisfaction survey and provide copies at each project’s completion.
- Provide technical support to service areas, and assign/schedule job tasks when required in support of renovations and other projects.
- Minimum 8yrs demonstrated experience in facilities O&M of buildings, including 3yrs recent supervisory experience.
- The incumbent must have knowledge of submitting written proposals, scopes of work, scheduling and coordinating site contractors and other assigned personnel; a thorough understanding of preventive maintenance schedules and operations and the ability to meet demanding customer requirements.
- Experience with Windows & MS Office
- General knowledge of major facilities systems
- Demonstrated skill at developing and nurturing client relationships
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to organize and lead a group of people, work independently or as member of a team, and to adapt to ever changing priorities
- Familiarity with Government contracting procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control all aspects of a preventative maintenance program.
- Ability to work with the customer to find amiable solutions to difficult issues.
- Ability to work with management systems and variety of skilled/unskilled, professional, administrative, and industry personnel.
- Basic knowledge of office administration, plant management, reporting, budgeting and control, and business operations, blueprints, buildings, grounds, equipment, housekeeping, construction, repair, maintenance, purchasing, inventory control, fire, safety management, BOCA & OSHA codes. Knowledge of federal, state, and local building and construction codes.
- Prefer experience with snow/ice removal and custodial support.
- Prefer 1yr LEED experience/familiarity.
- Strong technical and programmatic leadership skills.
- The individual must be able to walk throughout a large facility to include climbing stairs and walking on catwalks.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI government security clearance.