The Director of Applicants Management will provide functional and technical leadership, oversight and management of a team delivering enterprise applications services including ERP (Banner student, finance, financial aid, advancement, human resources), SIS (Blackboard), and others. Lead a team of in-house and outsourced system administrators, database administrators, and analysts to help the organization use enterprise applications. Work with stakeholders outside IT to ensure enterprise applications are supporting the organization's mission.
Your key responsibilities include oversight and leadership of teams that:
- Gather information about processes, procedures, program intent, functions and features; data requirements, input requirements, and output requirements; internal, external checks and controls.
- Design or write program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, system analysts, other programmers and end users.
- Convert designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compile code into programs and correcting errors detected during the compile process.
- Create test plans and running tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revising programs.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Design and code layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Create/design user and technical documentation to ensure consistency with procedures and program operations.
- Train end users or technical support staff to use and support programs.
- Coordinate with programmers about program revisions. Assisting with the modification and maintenance of the Banner product.
- Prepare and submitting monthly status reports as requested by manager and unit.
Requirements: Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university
- 5 - 7 years' experience in leadership role for higher education enterprise applications
- Record of accomplishment, innovation and successful system implementations
- Team leadership experience
- Experience working with a broad range of institutional administrators including vice presidents, deans, directors and end users.
- Project planning and execution
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Ellucian Banner and related applications and systems
- Experience with Target X or similar CRM
- Project management training and experience