Banking Application Architect
11 - 15 years experience •
The Banking Application Architect provides direction in areas of policy and planning for information systems and related functions. This person will assist in resolving production support issues in a timely and accurate fashion. Will have a reasonable understanding of LOB business issues and how they impact the Bank and LOB areas both tactically and strategically. This position is required to champion IT practices and processes and ensures that these are understood and followed by the LOBs. When meeting with a LOB this person represents the Technology department in terms of its practices and procedures and its products and services. This position interfaces with LOB management teams and IT resources to facilitate completion of work efforts.
This position will be based in Wayne, PA.
- Coordinate and organize the architecture, planning, installation, configuration, and support of new software application and software upgrades for many LOB Divisions.
- Help to ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging solutions.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Merger & Acquisition planning and implementation activities.
- Collaborate with system owners of related solutions.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new solution under consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Help design, develop, and install application enhancements, integrations and upgrades.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Manage and provide direction in support of business operations.
- Liaise with vendors, clients, project delivery, operational teams and management as necessary.
- Ability to work with his or her peers in the IT management team and be a leader in implementing effective team dynamics.
- Assists with the generation of IT requests/projects derived from business ideas and strategies.
- Base understanding of the Banking LOB and what technology solutions are effective.
- Strong Communications skills—both verbally and written
- Ensure that the Organizations PMO policies and practices are being followed on LOB Projects.
- Knowledge of IT industry best practices and policies.
- Knowledge of Software vendor marketplace in the areas of Banking and Wealth Management.
- Works with employees, vendors and consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Maintains knowledge of development in the area of systems and technology and incorporates new developments into future systems of the corporation.
- Four-year college degree in computer science or related major
- 10+ years direct experience supporting applications and/or systems management.
- Proven experience in helping with the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standard.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and experience with Banking and/or Wealth business is preferred
- Track record of implementing complex as well as simple IT solutions
- Working knowledge and experience of Demand Management
- Demonstrates the ability to create and build a “value added” and effective relationship with the LOBs that IT services.
- An understanding of business case analysis and use of ROI in funding projects.
- Experience with many of the top Banking and Wealth software vendors and actual implementation of their products.