Purpose of Job
The person selected in this role will provide direct support to the Deposits business for USAA Federal Savings Bank and will require subject matter expertise in adherence to Regulation D and/or DD. This position supports the supervision of front-line business units that are responsible for implementing and adhering to Heightened Standards and operating within risk tolerances. Identifies risk-related issues in their assigned organization pertaining to compliance and operational risks. Executes risk management tasks, projects, and activities which includes administering and creating strong action plans and timely mitigation of risk. Collaborates with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team members to support and ensure effective risk mitigation.
- Develops operating policies and procedures, in accordance with the enterprise risk policies and standards set by independent risk management.
- Analyzes a broad range of performance data to monitor each risk area.
- Self-identifies any deficiencies and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Provides accurate and timely risk reports to Business Control Management, independent risk management, internal audit, executive management, and board and management committees.
- Provides input to the CRO organization regarding the enterprise risk governance framework and the standards and parameters established to govern risk-taking activities.
- Develops action plans in the event of a trigger or appetite breach.
- Participates in escalation processes established by independent risk management to resolve issues involving disagreements among the lines of defense.
- Assists with managing the expectations and accountability for the team of supervision professionals in consultation with the Business Controls Management and independent risk management.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree
- 6 or more years experience in a risk management, compliance, regulatory, or audit function within the banking or insurance industry
- 4 or more years first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4+ years deposits experience
- Subject matter expertise in adherence to Regulation D and/or DD
- 4+ years risk management oversight experience in a large bank and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking regulations and compliance
- 3+ years experience in issue management
- 2+ years experience with risk metrics such as KRIs (key risk indicators) and/or risk appetite
- Experience developing comprehensive risk based control plans, developing internal controls and performing control testing and/or audit techniques
- Experience leading risk assessments
- Knowledge of Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) oversight and governance practices
- CISA, CRCM, CIA, CCSA, CRM or other risk/compliance certifications
- Degree in Risk Management, Business or Finance.