The BD Sales Director for National Accounts leads Bakery Distribution’s efforts to maintain and expand relationships with large, multi-location (chain) customers. The incumbent’s responsibility will be to oversee Dawn’s profitable sales growth with Distribution served bakery and foodservice chains. They are responsible for achieving sales quotas and assigned strategic account objectives. They represent the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customers’ needs and expectations are met.
The Director of National Accounts reports to the Vice President of Sales, Bakery Distribution. This person will manage the National Account Sales Leaders and the National Account Customer Service team. They will have an assigned book of business with specific accounts, while overseeing and coordinating our efforts with other National Accounts assigned to the BD National Account Sales Team. They will also lead or participate in Sales team projects such as training, Sales meetings, Market Meetings, etc. In addition, this position collaborates with USBP Sales teams to ensure that the full profit potential of Dawn’s business is realized.
- Identifies and targets prospective new national accounts and works with sales teams to validate national account leads.
- Proactively leads the strategic account planning process for national accounts that develops performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Oversees the evaluation and proposals for new national accounts.
- Oversees the process and terms of Dawn’s Master Distribution Agreements with National Accounts.
- Leads theonboardingprocess for new or expanded national accounts.
- Manage Dawn Bakery Distribution’s business with National Bakery and Foodservice chain accounts.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key decision makers in assigned customer accounts.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives. Regularly evaluates the profitability of existing accounts and makes appropriate adjustments per Dawn’s contractual obligations.
- Insures Dawn’s and customer’s compliance with contracts and distribution agreements.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Implements sales, service and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- Mentor, train, develop and effectively lead the national account sales team. Assess performance and prescribe corrective actions.
- Leads National Account Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction through prompt and effective problem resolution. Assess performance and prescribe corrective actions.
- Maintain a close and effective working relationship with USBP Sales Leaders. Assist sales leaders from USBP to develop and implement business plans for accounts that they manage and which require some service by Distribution (e.g. Panera).
- Maintain a close and effective working relationship with DC’s. Regularly update the Distribution GM’s on progress with national accounts and seek their input and support for proposed initiatives.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Finance and Sales Operation teams to ensure that the quality and range of our products & services, prices, delivery standards, etc., meet or exceed customer expectations and Dawn’s profitability thresholds.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Leaders to build sales and profits of Dawn manufactured products.
- Assist with product forecasting, demand planning and the management of inventory for national accounts.
- Demonstrates the “Dawn Values” of Team Dawn and supports the Dawn Circle of Excellence. Performs other related duties as assigned and requested.
- Suitable Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Masters in a related discipline preferred, will consider strong leadership and senior level experience as a substitute.
- Minimum ten years of strategic salesexperience in a business-to-businesssales environment
- Languages English
- Seven to ten years’ experience as a Sales and/or Marketing leader in the Foodservice and/or Bakery Distribution business.
- Good financial analytical skills
- Some knowledge of bakery production
- Has established relationships with some key customers and/or certain key Distribution vendors.
- Personality and style that is a natural fit into Dawn’s culture.