Title: Backup Administrator Consultant
Location: 100% onsite in Harrisburg, PA
Main Purpose of Job (Brief Summary):
* Candidates MUST have EMC Networker experience.
* This is an advanced and highly technical position within the Data Center for a large public-sector client.
* This position is responsible to support the day-to-day backup operations within the Data Center and Secondary Data Center (SDC) as a member of the backup team. The backup team provides data backup and recovery services for all servers and databases within the Data Center and SDC.
* The position is responsible for the daily operations of the Enterprise Data Center (EDC) and Secondary Data Center (SDC) backup infrastructure environment that includes a Suite of EMC backup and recovery products. This position must have advanced knowledge in supporting Dell / EMC Networker, Data Domain, Avamar, and Data Protection Advisor. The position also supports IBM Spectrum Protect, Spectrum Key License Manager and tape library products within the EDC and SDC environments.
* This position must demonstrate technology competency and ownership ensuring reliability, availability, serviceability, scalability and high performing solutions in the enterprise backup environment.
* Must be able to enhance work processes and document operational procedures for the entire support team.
* The position is responsible to ensure all backups are completed successfully within the required backup window. Responsibilities include reviewing daily reports on the status of backup jobs and providing management with dashboards that provide visibility in to the overall operation and performance of the backup environment.
* Develops and tracks procedures for tracking off site tape storage, data restoration and recovery testing, data encryption and disaster recovery.
* Assists in capacity planning for the backup and recovery environments on a regular basis to ensure the planned and anticipated growth of the EDC and SDC can be accommodated.
* Assists in the development and implementation of procedures regarding the EDC and SDC backup and recovery infrastructure consistent with customer requirements and Client standards.
* Maintains currency with technology in order to make recommendations to the backup team lead on the technological direction of the EDC and SDC backup and recovery infrastructure.
* Develops plans for the upgrade of backup software to ensure supportability across all servers within the EDC and SDC.
* Ensures proper security controls and backup/data recovery systems are in place for all EDC and SDC servers and storage.
* Manages the EDC and SDC Data Protection advisor implementation which includes creating reports and monitoring backup jobs across the EDC and SDC environments.
* This position works closely with the server, networking, database and storage teams to ensure compatibility between all components in the environment.
* Performs other related duties as assigned, to include those outlined in the Continuity of Operations Plan (CoOP) when the Plan is activated. Responds to the designated alternate or secondary location when directed in response to a catastrophic incident.
* Must pass an extensive background check.
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written to clearly communicate with clients are a must.
* 7+ years of experience in managing Enterprise Backup environments.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with Dell / EMC Suite of products to include Networker and/or Avamar and Data Domain.
* Experience with Redhat Linux operations and scripting.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, RedHat Linux and VMware.
* Provide emergency support and participate in an on-call rotation as needed.
* Although it is not a requirement, experience with Dell / EMC Networker 9.x is sought and candidates with this experience will be given preference.
Title: Backup Administrator Consultant