Are you passionate about delighting your customers and helping them solve complex security issues? Are you the person who enjoys technical challenges and thrives to learn and develop skills beyond expectations?
Then you are the right person to join our unique support team!
As a Backline Technical Support Engineer, you provide second and third level support to a wide range of security minded people and their companies. Alongside the Support team you will use your expertise and knowledge to help solve security challenges for our valued customers.
This position is full-time and based in our office in El Segundo, CA.
- Take ownership until resolution of cases escalated by Technical Support engineers
- Provide in depth troubleshooting, analysis and workaround on advanced and complex issues
- Work closely with the Sustaining team on root cause analysis and code changes
- Understands client's business objectives/impact and applies their expertise to timely resolve issues and ensure customer success
- Serves as the liaison between Rapid7 and the customer
- Manages customers’ issues and keeps them informed of progress
- Interacts closely with various departments to provide first hand feedback from customers
- Minimum 3-5 years of Technical Support or related experience preferably as Tier III or Sustaining Support engineer level
- We are looking for a standout colleague who thrives in a team environment
- Minimum 2 years of Java programming experience
- Minimum 1 year of SQL experience
- Minimum 3 years of Networking Support
- Strong drive to look at challenges and help define solutions
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to share own knowledge
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Amazing social skills with a passion to solve customers’ issues
- Troubleshooting and understanding of networkarchitecture
- Excellent knowledge of security and vulnerability management
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Fantastic verbal and written communication
- Demonstrable command of administering multiple Operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS…etc)
- Demonstrate ability to read and write SQL queries
- Demonstrate ability to read and debug code
- Advanced Knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI, VLAN, DNS, NMAP, LDAP
- Network +, Security +, or relevant Network/Security certifications preferred