As a Backend Software Engineer you will be directly contributing to the EverTrue platform. You will work with a team of experienced frontend, backend and mobile engineers, as well as collaborating with design and product team members. Backend software engineers help to build solutions in Java, or in some instances, Ruby. You will have the opportunity to use a variety of tools, technologies and frameworks while working with a skilled and creative team to craft, test and support our innovative solutions.
- (Required) You have worked for 3+ years in software development, having worked as part of a software development team
- (Required) You have at least 2 years of experience working with Java in a professional environment
- You have intermediate proficiency with Kafka
- You are familiar with Ruby, Spark, ElasticSearch and/or GraphQL
- You enjoy working with, learning, and leveraging new technologies.
- You have strong analytical skills and are a creative thinker, willing and able to come up with solutions to diverse and complex problems.
- You can work independently to drive outcomes and build solutions but also thrive in an inclusive team environment, with communication and collaboration being key skills that you leverage consistently.
- You are excited about the Education/Non-Profit Sector and/or have experience with Advancement or Fundraising.
- Directly contribute to our software by writing high quality code leveraging languages such as Java or Ruby
- Leverage tools and frameworks that are part of our tech stack, such as GraphQL, Spark and Kafka
- Ensure data quality and accessibility by working with data technologies such as MySQL and ElasticSearch
- Work closely with the frontend engineers to design and implement APIs that meet the needs of both web and mobile development
- Collaborate with a team to build high-quality, scalable APIs that follow best practices
- Promote quality through regular code reviews and writing appropriate tests
- Help identify and overcome technical or product opportunities
- Build solutions that are high availability and performant