Making the invisible visible. By harnessing the power of artificial intelligence, we’re advancing the practice of medicine for doctors and society. And we’re just getting warmed up.
Job Description: Software Engineer
AliveCor, the creator of the smartphone ECG, which has now captured over 15 million ECG’s from thousands of active users, seeks a Software Engineer. As a Software Engineer on the backend team at AliveCor, you will be an integral member of our engineering team, responsible for developing industry-leading applications transforming the healthcare industry and consumers use, engage, and act on their health data. You will be a key player in our big data play, partnering with our Data Science team to improve algorithm functionality.
GO, Ruby + Rails Stack, TDD/BDD with RSpec, PostgreSQL, AWS.
What we need:
- Senior level software engineer ready to build highly visible apps
- Engineers who can raise the skill level of their teammates
- Wide knowledge of web apps, scalability
- Experience implementing Service Oriented Architecture or micro-services
- Good intuition for weighing trade-offs
- Product instincts, work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate and launch frequently
AliveCor is located in downtown Mountain View, CA. We are close to Caltrain and supply car and bike parking for employees. We strive to make your life outside work as smooth as possible while you're at work, and we offer a long list of benefits to make that happen.
- Competitive salary and competitive stock options
- Flexible and generous vacation policy
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Wellness Program
- TriNet medical coverage, employee 100% covered for medical, dental and vision
- Equipment allowance to build out your ideal workspace
- Mobile reimbursement
- Stocked kitchen + weekly catered lunches
- A supportive, collaborative group of people who understand that success depends on the team
AliveCor is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.