We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric developer to join our team. As a backend developer on our mobile team, you will be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of the services that power our mobile applications. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable backend services and software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, and flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
If you are a developer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, have worked on scalable applications and apps, and have the desire to help drive CLEAR’s next generation products, this is a great opportunity for you!
What You Will Do:
- Design and build backend services that power our native mobile applications on iOS and Android to leverage CLEAR’s platform and capabilities
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Develop reference scripts and demo apps against our REST API
- Understand various systems in our platform and how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to determine different use cases for the CLEAR API on the mobile platform
Who You Are:
- You have at least 3 years of experience building backend services using Java or other relevant technologies
- Experience developing and publishing APIs
- Experience working Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring services and infrastructure using SignalFX, Splunk or similar tools
- You have open-source framework contributions, extensive coding tutorial, or example projects on GitHub
- You have experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- You have the ability and willingness to work with any language building both simple back-end applications.
- Passionate about end user apps on all platforms
- Bonus points
- Experience with iOS, Swift, Android, and Kotlin