We are seeking to hire an IT Back End Java/Kotlin Developer for our Dallas office. This is a Fulltime opportunity with us. Please see below and apply!
Role & Responsibilities The backend developer is responsible for developing and enhancing our payment gateway and value added tools. This is a complex payments system and has many features that our customers leverage every day to run their businesses. We are looking for candidates that aren’t afraid to dig into the system and become productive quickly. We value constructive feedback and want employees to feel comfortable proposing well thought out improvements and suggestions.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at scale
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- The ability to stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Other duties, as assigned Requirements
- Passionate about programming, specifically with interest in using Java and Kotlin
- Experience developing backend web services in a microservice architecture along with command over common data structures and design patterns
- Solid understanding of API design, particularly principles of REST in highly scalable environments
- Experience with Maven and Gradle build frameworks
- Strong SQL skills, specifically with PostgreSQL, including pros/cons of various approaches to access, and ability to recognize and address potential performance issues
- Experience with Git and Gitflow
- Interest in staying current with new technologies, and applying modern yet practical solutions to problems
- Comfortable working in a casual but fast-paced agile environment
- Understanding of best practices for automated testing, both at application and system level
- Comfortable using AWS or other cloud-based service providers
- Practical knowledge of running JVM-based applications in a production environment
- Familiarity with payments gateways or the payments industry
Who We Are:
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure.