$80K — $100K *
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets.
Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitativetrading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm's businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
We are looking for an application developer to work in the IT team that supports the Risk Management department responsible for monitoring, measuring and communicating risks generated by Morgan Stanley's business lines. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience designing, building and integrating analytical systems in a multi-tier data-centric environment.
Market Risk's Exposure team is building new strategic scalable platform to process very large volume of data.
Team is building massive parallel processing system using SPARK, Core Java, RULES (In house developed rule engines) & Greenplum database. This data will be used for high priority project like Full Reval VaR (FRV), Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB) and Corporate Credit Var (CCVaR).
The candidate will work in an Agile environment, closely partnering with the business to gather requirements and design and implement solutions using Core Java, Shell, Perl and DB2/GPDB (Greenplum) databases.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with large-scale relational databases
- Strong SQL, Java, and Linux are essential
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data technologies like SPARK & DEVOPS automation
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
*Video dated October 2019.
Valid through: 4/22/2021
$100K — $150K