Who we are
Our mission is to enable healthy environments for families everywhere. We are starting with air quality, which is linked to 7 million premature deaths in the world annually. We build revolutionary smart hardware for consumers to both monitor and purify their air, so that it’s free from pollutants, allergens, and other harmful components.
Our products are designed by the co-founder of IDEO, and are elegant on the outside while housing innovative airflow and sensor technology. We launched Air Bubbles, an iOS app displaying one of the largest collection of public air quality data globally. This platform will serve to aggregate our own data once we launch and eventually become the Waze of Air Quality.
We are an early-stage team of experienced engineers, designers, and business people located in Redwood City, California. $2.5M+ in seed funding from top-tier VCs (including NEA), angels, and leading technology companies.
Who we are looking for
Backend software developer to develop existing backend infrastructure towards an enterprise-level platform. Will have the opportunity for significant leadership and responsibility on the team.
- Architecting, implementing, deploying, and maintaining server-side software and infrastructure.
- Redesigning and migrating existing systems as the company scales.
- Participating in cross-functional sessions with teams which utilize server resources.
- Ensuring on-time delivery of software and features.
- Using appropriate security measures to harden systems against attack.
- Ensuring system reliability through monitoring and testing.
- Working collaboratively with team of developers, designers, and hardware engineers to build beautiful, simple, and powerful applications.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in server backend development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Able to rapidly research and learn new technologies and standards
- Possess ability and desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in building, deploying, securing, testing, optimizing, documenting, and maintaining backend applications.
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple technologies and design patterns
- Strong understanding of data storage and retrieval optimization.
- Experience implementing and adhering to industry standards for resource and API security.
- Ability to take the lead as we grow our software team (strong communication and leadership skills)