- Have attention to detail and bias for action, are a prolific communicator, and thrive in uncertainty.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- Are looking to work in a fast-paced environment, focusing on hard problems where the solutions are often not predefined.
- Are passionate about big data and are excited by seemingly-impossible challenges.
- Live in North America and are comfortable working remotely.
- Minimum 3+ years of backend engineering work experience.
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala, Java, or Python.
- Strong familiarity with all things building data products - schema design, modeling, optimization, scalability.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, Apache Spark, or other map/reduce data processing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extra bonus points: Deep understanding of Apache Spark that allow you to solve production-scale problems.
- Experience and passion for functional programming in solving data problems (Scala).
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Experience with building ML models from the ground up.
- Experience with open source development.
- Our goal is to be the dominant place to get any data on a physical Place. We sell our product - our datasets - to data scientists and machine learning engineers at companies of all sizes.
- At SafeGraph, we’ve taken a measured approach to building a long term company. We were profitable in 2019 with over $15mm in ARR, have hired experienced leadership from the start and care deeply about democratizing access to data to everyone.
- We currently have ~35 employees and are looking to grow to 50 quite quickly. We have raised a $20 million Series A, and the CEO was previously the founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- While SafeGraph was started in San Francisco, we've been distributed across North America since 2019, and currently have small offices (in non-pandemic times) in SF, NYC & Denver. We get the entire company together in the same place as often as possible, and cannot wait to do this again soon!
- We offer our employees a robust set of benefits, including health, dental & vision insurance coverage, a 401k, a work-from-home stipend, mental health benefits, and much more.
Valid through: 12/18/2020