The Payment Intelligence group is responsible for optimizing each of the billions of dollars of transactions processed by Stripe each year on behalf of our users, in order to maximize successful transactions while minimizing payment costs and fraud. We own products like Radar from end to end and work across the technical stack: from machine learning over our users’ data, to integrating ML intelligence, building performant and scalable systems and services, serving real-time predictions as part of Stripe’s payment infrastructure, to building user-facing product surfaces like dashboards for insights, and controls to optimally manage users’ business.We’re looking for people with a strong background and passion in building successful backend systems, services and APIs that deliver impactful product values to our customers. You are comfortable in dealing with changes. You love to take initiatives, and bias towards action.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable, reliable and performant services and systems
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve technical and product problems
- Build and launch new capabilities and products that bring significant value to customers
- Uphold our high engineering standards, and elevate quality and engineering efficiency to the many codebases and processes
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization including dependency engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and operations
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience in large scale distributed system designs
- Experience in successful delivery of high quality production services and systems
- Ability to quickly grasp many different services and processes, and know when and how to leverage them
- Skills for upholding best software engineering practices such as high quality code, thorough testing, clear runbook documentation, adequate production observability.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Empathy with their users and be customer focused.