Our client is a “Big Four” Accounting Firm, they are currently hiring a Backend Engineer with Microservice experience. This candidate will join a software development engineering team responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, integrating, testing, and deploying new and existing software application programs.
- Must have the ability to analyze, design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy distributed software applications
- Deliver high quality systems with focus on reliability and excellent customer experience
- Ability to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; writing, publishing and conference-level presentation skills a plus
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 7+ years’ experience in technology or a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of Java 1.7 and above. Python is a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of a Java framework (preferably Spring)
- Experience in designing, building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Hands-on experience building applications/platforms with cloud native/Microservices architecture. Includes experience with IaaS, PaaS, container deployment.
- Experience with modern collaborative development tools (e.g. Git, CI/CD pipelines)
- Comfortable working in an Agile and TDD environment
- Design & architecture large business critical systems