We are looking for a Software Architect to be a key leader in driving technology alignment and excellence of our core product. In this role, you will oversee existing core product backend systems and requisite public and private APIs. This role requires excellent technical skill paired with business insight and an ability to influence. This position is critical and will help Twilio maintain its focus on customer trust through system design and guidance to ensure our services scale to meet customer expectations.
What will you be doing?
- Define a technical north star and drive alignment towards it.
- Obsess about the architectural design, implementation, and quality of the work your teams produce and define and delver on our SLAs
- Grow your teams by coaching developing engineers and by attracting top talent
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Front’s engineering leadership team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 7+ years of experience designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms.
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms.
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Partner with Product to define tangible product objectives and work with engineering on how best to achieve them
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems
- Work with other Architects to integrate processes and services across Engineering, Product and Design
- Domain Expertise in one or more of: backend systems at a large-scale internet service, distributed computing, API design, software systems built atop Amazon Web Services
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a computer science or relevant experience
- Have demonstrated the ability to design complex systems in an iterative and evolutionary manner.