As an engineer on the Security team, you will build foundational frameworks, services, and libraries that enable Stripe products to be secure by default; empowering developers to iterate quickly and focus on building, while ensuring no compromises on security are made.
We’re looking for backend engineers with experience building well-designed abstractions, who have a background in Security or an interest in breaking into the space. You should be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving parts, have a keen attention to detail, adept at communication and have enthusiasm about working collaboratively across Stripe.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to solve problems at scale from end-to-end
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring rigor and consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Have opportunities to build, refine, and leverage security expertise on the job
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy solving problems, and seeing projects through to completion
- Take delight in crafting great, easy-to-use abstractions and find innovative ways of increasing adoption of these tools
- Reason clearly about security and product tradeoffs, while also balancing such priorities and decisions
- Find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Lead with empathy, have strong communication skills, and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
You may work on:
- User Auth Platform, where you’ll be critical in providing the core authentication and authorization services and frameworks that Stripe product engineers leverage across the organization. You’ll help to make security invisible to our users, such that they need to reason about as few security decisions as possible to protect their accounts.
- Admin Platform, the internal platform that Stripe employees globally rely on for every part of their job, and that makes it possible for Stripe to serve our users. You’ll make it easy for engineers to quickly build high-quality and secure-by-default internal tools using the same high standards that power external products like our Dashboard.