We're working on an exciting host of new financial products for our users — and we're looking for early engineers to join our small (but mighty!) team. We're looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you're comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you're comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions.
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch the first versions of new products.
- Work closely with our users and financial partners on a daily basis.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Engineer solutions across systems such as core money-movement infrastructure, data pipelines, banking systems, and more.
- Leverage the best of Stripe's stack or build from the ground up when prudent.
- Debug production issues across services at multiple levels of the stack.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field products.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with some engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers, to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world.
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Ruby, with some Go. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.